When it comes to making loaf cake variations, this eggless loaf cake with no butter is our absolute favourite.
A super-simple and incredibly tasty loaf pan cake recipe using our inimitable Pear Drops loose leaf tea! Did we mention that it’s vegan-friendly, too?
- 275g self-raising flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100ml veg oil
- ¼ lemon zest
- 150ml Pear Drops tea (2 x tsp of tea)
- Mixing bowl
- 2lb loaf tin
- Baking parchment
- Cake skewer
Making this easy vegan loaf cake couldn’t be simpler, just follow our steps listed below! Because it is so simple, why not get the kids involved when preparing this cake? They’ll love being able to lend a hand and getting mucky in the kitchen when mixing the ingredients.
Step 1 – Prepare
- Heat oven to 200o/180o/gas mark 6
- Put the kettle on and brew a mug of Pear Drop loose leaf tea (or two, so you can enjoy one while the cake is in the oven)
- Lightly grease your loaf tins with oil or vegan butter, then line them with baking parchment
Step 2 – Combine
- Combine all of your dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Once your Pear Drop tea has cooled, add this and the veg oil to your mixing bowl
- Give it a good mix
Step 3 – Bake
- Place the mixture into the lined loaf tins
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes
- Relax while you wait (this is where the 2nd cup of tea comes in handy!)
Step 4 – Enjoy
- When the time is up, take the cake out of the oven
- Use a cake skewer to ensure that it is cooked – if the skewer comes out clean, then the cake is cooked
- Remove from loaf tin, slice, and enjoy!
At LEAF Tea Shop, we not only love making amazing teas, but we love creating delicious desserts too! However, there is an exciting twist with all of our recipes: they all involve our loose leaf teas! Come on, what else could you expect from our team of crazy tea-lovers?
For this particular recipe, we wanted to include one of our latest and most experimental loose leaf fruit tea concoctions. This is no other than our Pear Drops loose leaf tea, inspired by the classic staple of British confectionary!
While you can still get pear drops today, they definitely are a throwback. When brewing this tea for the recipe, you can cast your mind back to playing with friends in the warm summer weather, sucking on boiled sweets and having the time of your life.
So, why did we choose loaf cake for this recipe? We made this decision because we know that ‘cake that tastes like sweets’ will likely entice your children to try some (not that they’ll need convincing!). Loaf cake is really easy to make and you can recruit your kids to help out in the kitchen, learning useful skills and having fun at the same time!
What’s more, because this recipe is vegan friendly, that means you can make this loaf cake with no eggs and no butter. In fact, you only need four key ingredients for this cake: self-raising flour, caster sugar, baking powder and veg oil. Then a little bit of lemon zest and some splashes of our Pear Drops tea for our signature flavour.
So get the kettle on, grab some boiled sweets, and get baking this incredible vegan loaf cake UK-inspired recipe. Let us know how it goes by leaving a review or getting in touch with us on our socials!