Are you looking to make some wonderful, unexpected, flavourful loose leaf tea jams?
Why not make your morning more lively and sweet by creating passionfruit and orange jam or be adventurous and make some strawberry and kiwi jam. Using only the best fruit loose leaf tea from LEAF Tea Shop we have a wide range of teas you can try to make jam with.
- Fruit Loose Leaf Tea (enough to make 2 cups of tea)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of water
- A squeeze or two of lemon
- 1 package of powdered pectin
- Glass Jars or something to can the jam
- Loose Leaf Tea Strainer
*Steralise and prepare the glass jarsprior to beginning the recipe.
- Steep your loose leaf tea to the correct brewing time
- Pour the loose leaf tea into a pan and add lemon juice for more flavour and taste
- If your tea is still hot, go to the next step if not, bring the tea to a boil.
- Stir in the pectin and bring to a boil in a saucepan
- Next stir in the sugar and bring back to a boil to dissolve, making you don’t crystalise the sugar.
- While boiling, keep stirring for about 1 minute. The pectin should congeal and have the texture you expect from jam.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool
If you’re going to eat the loose leaf tea jam within a couple of days, you can place it in a glass jar and store the contents in the fridge.