500g Frozen Blueberries
500g Caster Sugar
1/2 Vanilla Pod
15g Vanilla Rooibos Tea
200ml Boiling Water
Makes 1 x 500g Jar
1. Place a plate in your freezer.
2. Add boiling water to the tea leaves and brew for 4 minutes, then strain the tea into a heavy bottomed pan.
3. Cut your vanilla pod in half lengthwise and add to the pan.
4. Add your blueberries and sugar to the pan and place on a medium heat, stirring occasionally to ensure it doesn’t catch, and being careful not to touch the jam as it will be extremely hot.
5. Using a temperature probe or sugar thermometer, probe the jam until it reaches 107c, then remove from the heat.
6. Test the consistency by placing a small spoonful onto your frozen plate and placing the plate into the fridge for a few minutes; if the jam starts to skin it is ready to blitz.
7. Carefully remove the vanilla pod and discard.
8. Using a handheld stick blender, blitz the jam for 30 seconds.
9. Sterilise your jam jar and lid with boiling water and dry with a clean cloth.
10. Pour your hot jam into your jar and place the lid on whilst hot; this will create a vacuum and seal the jar.
11. Label and store for up to one year in a cool, dark place. Once opened, refrigerate and use within one month.
Leaf Tea Shop – Vanilla Rooibos
You can buy our Vanilla Rooibos tea here at Leaf Tea Shop.
What’s in it?
Rooibos, Vanilla oil (Caffeine Free)
How does it taste?
Calming, Smooth, Sweet
Our Top Tip
The scent of vanilla is often used to induce a sense of calm