What you need:
500g Frozen Blueberries
500g Caster Sugar
1/2 Vanilla Pod
15g Vanilla Rooibos Tea
200ml Boiling Water
Makes 1 x 500g Jar
1. Place a plate in your freezer.
2. Add boiling water to the tea leaves and brew for 4 minutes, then strain the tea into a heavy bottomed pan.
3. Cut your vanilla pod in half lengthwise and add to the pan.
4. Add your blueberries and sugar to the pan and place on a medium heat, stirring occasionally to ensure it doesn’t catch, and being careful not to touch the jam as it will be extremely hot.
5. Using a temperature probe or sugar thermometer, probe the jam until it reaches 107c, then remove from the heat.
6. Test the consistency by placing a small spoonful onto your frozen plate and placing the plate into the fridge for a few minutes; if the jam starts to skin it is ready to blitz.
7. Carefully remove the vanilla pod and discard.
8. Using a handheld stick blender, blitz the jam for 30 seconds.
9. Sterilise your jam jar and lid with boiling water and dry with a clean cloth.
10. Pour your hot jam into your jar and place the lid on whilst hot; this will create a vacuum and seal the jar.
11. Label and store for up to one year in a cool, dark place. Once opened, refrigerate and use within one month.